My Photo
Name:
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Seeing the world being hijacked by the devil, I strive to help in its restoration.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006


O, ye of little faith!

And He [Jesus] answered them and said: "O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I bear with you?." Mark 9:19

There is nothing I regret in my life as much as I regret wasting my life professing Christianity yet knowing very little about it. I regret that I had insufficient knowledge of our Holy Book, and based my beliefs on faith alone, which is why I often failed to respond clearly and convincingly to the objections thrown at me from every direction. I regret that I did not read to my children passages from the bible every night, when I had the chance to, like a good Christian would. I did not realize the importance of knowledge until this book, which is challenging the very core of Christianity, was written few years ago. I am referring to the Da Vinci Code. As dangerous as this book is going to be on those with little faith, I personally believe that, in the long run, it is going to be a blessing in disguise, because it came as a wakeup call to true Christians, and opened their eyes to the need to revisit the values and beliefs adopted by today’s anti-Christ culture, and respond to them, not only by faith but with clear historical evidence. I, for one, have decided to learn more about the Holy Book and Jesus Christ, from both historical and biblical points of view. I decided not to let people like Dan Brown or even the National Geographic tell me “The Truth” as they see it. I wanted to go back and research every claim myself, and learn the Truth that was given to us by God two thousand years ago.

I didn’t know where to begin, but fortunately, I was not the only one to sense the danger this book/ movie poses on our faith, because many seem to have taken it seriously as well, and have written volumes on the subject. This made my job much easier. Because I don’t suppose many will take the time or the trouble to go and research all these false claims- especially that Dan Brown, and other skeptics bluntly claim that they are presenting The Truth, I did the research for you. I was very glad to learn about the origin of the Gnostic gospels and to become aware of the deceptive nature of the media and other non-Christian writers who have been doing everything in their power to accuse the church of concealing “the Truth”. Now, studying their historic origin I know better, and I hope you will read about them too to learn the truth. The knowledge contained on the site/sites I am providing will be very enlightening, and I hope that you all will take the time to read them or listen to them. These men who have written or spoken here to expose the false claims in the Da Vinci Code, and the Gnostic gospels before it, are very knowledgeable people. You will learn a lot if you take the time to read what they had to say, or listen to their lectures [I am giving a link to them below]

When the Da Vinci Code came out, I was shocked to see many Christians, especially the younger generation, fall for every word Dan Brown, the author of the Da Vinci Code, said. To them, anything that discredited Christ became Gospel truth. It did not take long for them to even go as far as discard their lifelong beliefs, and begin to think that they were finally enlightened by the truth. They would even argue in favor of the Gnostic gospels that discredit the canonized Holy Bible which we believe in. Why did that happen? In my opinion, this happened because our children are genuinely searching for the truth, but are blinded to it because they are bombarded on daily basis with material that has nothing to do with God or His will. They are told that they need to examine things and question them, which is great. But, when they search they always look with suspicious eye to anything that comes from the church. What is even worse, they don’t go to the source- the bible and theology- but to the media and other non-religious and hostile sources. Granted that many churches and ministries have played a role in causing this distrust in the hearts of the people, but what I don’t understand is why these people cannot separate the two – Jesus and those who did this disservice to Him.

I urge you, my dear family and friends to take the time to re-examine the Bible and the life of Christ as shown and proven by historic evidence, as compared to those Gnostic gospels which many talk about as if THEY ARE the gospel truth, yet have very little to do with true events, and more importantly eye witnessing.

Links recommended:

http://www.pcgmedia.org/davincianswers.html (Josh McDowell’s audio)
http://www.stpaulsirvine.org/html/da_vinci_2.htm - St. Paul’s Greek Orthodox Church.
http://www.debunkingdavinci.com/

1 Comments:

Blogger Miranda-Hirezi Mugnier said...

Unfortunately, all the links I pointed to are gone because this was posted on my blog 10 years ago.

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home