My Photo
Name:
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Seeing the world being hijacked by the devil, I strive to help in its restoration.

Saturday, March 11, 2006


Sadness is a basic element of creativity

I did not realize how sad I seemed to the outside world, until my sister and a couple of other friends noticed it in my writings on this blog. With my bubbly nature and a smile that is hard to wipe off my face, I always thought of myself as a happy person. Oh, my poor sweet souls. With hearts so gentle, they genuinely expressed concern over my state of mind. I can see them holding one emergency meeting after another trying to understand what has come over me, while I am sitting here basking in those intense emotions which they refer to as sadness and despair. I do not assume, my sweet and gentle soul, that they realize how important such emotions are to a creative mind. The most memorable writings are the product of hot tears generously shed from the eyes of the authors unto the paper, turning them into crystals and gems. Only gentle souls like these are the ones that write, sing and paint. Sorrow and pain are but two major elements of creativity. When we are happy, our emotions rise to the surface of our skin. We laugh, we jump and we get silly. But, we cannot at moments as such reach inside our depth for words of wisdom. On the other hand, when we feel pain or sorrow, be it through our own experience or that of a brother or a sister, we reach our deepest. At such moments, our hearts open to the world, and our senses awaken. We become one with our surroundings and our antennas reach the inner souls of humanity.

Such is the case my dear ones… It is not despair for the sake of sadness, nor is it questioning due to confusion. No my sweet and gentle friends, they are not. These are but the requirements and the elements of creativity. So, my dear ones, put your mind to rest and your hearts at peace, and celebrate with me the creativity which God has so kindly bestowed on mankind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home