My Photo
Name:
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Seeing the world being hijacked by the devil, I strive to help in its restoration.

Saturday, May 06, 2006


"It is Well With My Soul"

My sweet angel Rawand,

Tomorrow we are holding a memorial service for you at Saint Timothy’s. I can’t believe it has been almost 40 days since you had left us. Though your parents are going through the motion, they still listen and hope, like I do, for your footsteps on the stairs. I know that I do, every time I visit your house.

Since I woke up this morning, all my strength has turned into weakness, and all my acceptance into denial. My cheeks are sticky and my eyes are red from crying over you my sweet niece. The pain is so much, yet it increases when I think of my brother- your dad, your mom and Gabi. I feel so scared when I hurt so much, because it only tells me how much more your parents and brother are hurting.

Looking desperately for consolation, I remembered a song I had heard in the church few weeks ago, called “It is well with my soul,” which was written by Horatio Gates Spafford, a long time Christian, during a cross-Atlantic voyage in 1873, shortly after he had lost all his four daughters in a ship accident. He wrote the poem as he was passing through the spot where his daughters were said to have drowned. Instead of breaking down and losing faith he wrote one of the most inspiring songs, he wrote the following words:

[Background music is the tune for these lyrics]

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.It is well, with my soul,
It is well, with my soul,It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

Faith is a wonderful thing that helps us through bad times, yet our faith is tested every day. I pray that soon we, who loved you so dearly, will be able to celebrate your life with us, instead of mourn your loss, and sing: It is well, it is well with my soul.

Your loving aunt
Miranda
6 May, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home