My Photo
Name:
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Seeing the world being hijacked by the devil, I strive to help in its restoration.

Saturday, March 11, 2006


Melodies from Heaven

I was drifting between awakeness and unconsciousness when a soft melody ran through the room and through my whole being. Suspended between being and not being, the sound of the violin strings carried me away, and like a light feather on a swing, I was gently pushed back and forth. It was “Meditation” for Jules Massenet. I wasn’t sure whether I was in my bed hearing the music from my radio, or if I were dead in heaven playing with the angels… Without any warning, warm tears ran down my cheeks as the tunes flowed through me. It has been over four hours now, and I am still floating on air, feeling a great surge of emotions, words, and sadness gush through my soul and down on paper. I have been writing since morning. I am not sure what I am writing yet, but I am trying to transform those very strange, beautiful, yet sad feelings into words. It is like my soul is mesmerized, and the music simply permeated my entire being. I am still listening to the music, and oh, my God, could I have had a shorter way to Him? Suddenly, I am convinced, without a shadow of a doubt, that music is the shortest way to our Creator. No wonder that God said in the Holy Bible: “For my soul delights in the song of the heart; yea the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me…”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home