My Photo
Name:
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Seeing the world being hijacked by the devil, I strive to help in its restoration.

Friday, May 12, 2006


The higher I soar, the harder the fall.

It took me 50 years plus on this earth before I began to realize the actual application of the law of gravity which ends up to mean that the higher one soars the harder the fall.

When I try to justify why I have failed so far to observe this simple theory in my relationships with the outside world, I tell myself that may be it was because I always kept my eyes focused on the highest point of each of these relationships, instead of checking, every now and then, the distance between me and the ground to which I might crash down should the ground shake under my feet, or should I unexpectedly get pushed down by the ones I love. Call it faith, call it trust, call it foolishness, call it whatever you will, but at the end it can only be summed in two words "blind faith."

At the top of that hill which I climbed, I moved confidently towards the people whom I love dearly and who I knew that they loved me back. I overlooked the danger involved and went for it. I was confident that should the ground shake under my feet, or should I lose my balance, they will surely give me a hand and rescue me. With the trusting nature that I have, it didn’t occur to me that may be, I say may be, the same people that I am looking up to for help, might be the ones who will let go and push me down the cliff.

But can I really blame them? I was the one who let down my guards and to trust that they will be there for me. I was the one to believe that their love was stronger and greater than gravity. I allowed my feelings to grow and my spirit to soar to the peak of the cliff, forgetting that the higher I went with my love and expectations, the harder the fall will be if and should I fall off.


A lesson to be learned by all, but will I benefit from it? I doubt it. Because, I plan and intend to live by that blind faith. I would rather deal with disappointments, than be a woman of little or no trust in the human race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home